Friday, May 25, 2007

My favorite names (a list in progress).

Mario Hilario (a newscaster in Rhode Island)
Will Paradise (an ex-boss)
Henry Vumbaca (honorable mention to his dad, Dino Vumbaca)
Kim Komando (if this were not taken, I'd change my name to it)

I don't choose names for this list just because they're funny-sounding. The Name of the Year blog already does that. The name has to be someone I've known, or that I can personally document. And it has to be a name that one (especially me) would actually like to have. My favorite names are those that make me think that the person having the name must be a really neat person in some way.

That's why I'm torn about Coco Crisp (a Red Sox player). It's an irresistable name, but I'm not sure if I can call it favorite or desirable. Well, I can't get it out of my head. And I think his mom must have been a really neat person for giving it to him, so what the heck...

Coco Crisp
Isabel Kunkle
Tara Roach
Sara Finck
Sue Shein

No comments: